- > NEW - NH3 Carbon-Free Liquid Fuel
- > SynGest Cornucopia is Transformative
- > Biomass Keynote - Till, Baby, Till
- > SynGest CEO's Clean Energy 2.0
- > SynGest Adds Dr. Brown to Advisory
- > SynGest Selects Stern Brothers
- > E2 Video for Copenhagen
- > SynGest Earns BiofuelsDigest Top 100
- > SynGest Blog
- > AOPA Article
- > Closing the Farm Fertilizer Loop
- > Weitz To Build First BioAmmonia Plant
- > Des Moines Register Article
- > McClatchy Newspapers Article
- > Brownfield Ag News Online Interview
- > BIOMASS Magazine Article
- > Rural Radio Network Interview
- > SynGest Food Security Alert
- > Food Security Alert White Paper
- > www.greentechmedia.com Article
- > KCCI, Des Moines Article
Dr. Robert C. Brown, Director of Iowa State University’s Bioeconomy Institute, to Serve on SynGest’s Technical Advisory Committee
San Francisco, California – (Feb 1, 2010) – SynGest, Inc. announced today that Dr. Robert C. Brown, Gary and Donna Hoover Chair in Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, will serve on SynGest’s technical advisory committee. He is also the Anson Marston Distinguished Professor of Engineering, Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Professor of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Director of the Center for Sustainable Environmental Technologies (CSET), and Director of the Bioeconomy Institute.
“Dr. Brown is a world renowned pioneer in the conversion of biorenewable resources into bioenergy and biobased products. His expertise includes combustion, gasification, fast pyrolysis and hydrogen energy,” said Jack Oswald, CEO of SynGest. “His wealth of knowledge and experience in these fields is unmatched in academia and industry,” he added.
Robert Brown was invited to testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry on April 26, 2006, where he addressed a hearing on the state of the emerging biofuels sector. “Agriculture must think beyond corn and soybean production if it is to supply a significant fraction of U.S. transportation fuels,” advised Brown. He also suggested four goals as a platform for the bioeconomy:
1) reduce reliance on imported petroleum,
2) improve environmental quality,
3) expand markets for U.S. agricultural products, and
4) provide economic development opportunities for rural America.
“SynGest’s strategy of local production of bioammonia from biomass meets all the four goals stipulated by Dr. Brown,” noted Oswald. “In this context, Dr. Brown’s engagement with SynGest is highly fortuitous.”
SynGest’s technical advisory committee will consist of individuals representing key technology areas important to SynGest’s success. Additional candidates are being interviewed, and final selections will be announced over the next few months. From an organizational perspective, the committee will work directly with the Chairman of SynGest and its Board of Directors, thereby providing an independent non-executive review of the company’s technical affairs.
Professor Robert Brown earned his Ph.D. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering at Michigan State University. Prior to that, he obtained his B.A. in Mathematics and B.S. in Physics, both at University of Missouri, Columbia. Dr. Brown also serves as a technical advisor to Coskata Inc.